Find out how Conversational AI helps HR departments prepare for the upcoming challenges of 2023 and set-up their organizations for the future of work.
5 Use Cases for Intelligent Virtual Assistants in HR
Review five use cases for Intelligent Virtual Assistants; how Conversational AI helps HR departments save time and deliver a better employee experience.
Studies show that a virtual assistant can increase efficiency for any business team. In Human Resources, an AI virtual assistant can be used to manage and administer any typical HR repetitive task. Powered by conversational AI, enterprise virtual assistants are so advanced that they can easily handle daily administrative tasks and HR duties of the organization.
If you're wondering why you should invest in an enterprise AI virtual assistant for your HR department, here are a few key indicators that your business would benefit:
- Your company needs an HR department but does not have the budget to hire an internal team.
- You want to focus on other aspects of your company without the headache of administering HR responsibilities.
- You need more help managing your HR department.
- Your business is scaling up, and it takes too much of your time to delegate repetitive HR tasks.
Use Cases for an HR Virtual Assistant
In the past, HR teams relied heavily on face-to-face business processes. Now AI chatbots and virtual assistants have changed the way HR runs its operations, enabling HR specialists to easily automate repetitive interactions with employees. What can an HR virtual assistant do for your business? There are multiple use cases.
Virtual assistants can help with the entire employee lifecycle, from pre-screening applicants to hiring and onboarding.
- Because virtual assistants have access to so much data - and vast processing speed - they can help recruiters identify top candidates more quickly. Thus, improving talent acquisition.
- Virtual assistants can answer candidates’ frequently asked questions, saving time for the HR team and ensuring that prospective employees receive this information immediately.
- Parts of the initial screening process can be automated. For example, an intelligent virtual assistant can guide candidates through key screening questions and schedule interviews only with those who qualify for a position.
- Once the ideal candidate has been identified, an intelligent virtual assistant can help determine the likelihood that the candidate will accept a job offer, and even help structure a competitive compensation package.
- Virtual assistants can gather feedback from candidates who drop out of the hiring process, which helps to identify potential areas for improvement within your organization.
Ultimately all of these applications for conversational AI and virtual assistants contribute to a lower cost-per-hire. They can also help improve the candidate experience--a key factor in today's tight labor market.
The right intelligent virtual assistant will recognize and understand your company culture and needs. They can be utilized to create an environment where employees feel like they can succeed in their everyday work duties. They also ensure that employees are motivated and are committed to the company's values and goals.
- A virtual assistant can get honest, anonymous feedback from employees, and forward that feedback to the correct stakeholders, contributing to a culture of transparency and continuous improvement.
- Virtual assistants can manage company updates, including employee recognition and messages from the leadership team, ensuring that employees receive these communications at the right times.
- When employees receive fast, accurate answers, they can get back to focusing on their work more quickly. Virtual assistants are available 24 hours a day to handle routine employee concerns (for example, questions about benefits or PTO).
- Virtual assistants can monitor employee sentiment as an integral part of interactions, not only through conversational AI, but also through short surveys or feedback solicitation.
Payroll management is a data-driven, complicated process, so it’s a perfect candidate for conversational AI and virtual assistants.
- Most HR departments handle a large volume of payroll-related inquiries. A virtual assistant can often address these questions without any human intervention.
- Following a new hire, a virtual assistant can more quickly assess the employee’s payroll calculation and tax band information, decreasing the lag between hire date and first paycheck.
- Using virtual assistants for payroll management can eliminate payroll errors, including those related to reimbursement for employee expenses.
- Virtual assistants can analyze past payroll data to make predictions about employee turnover, seasonal hiring needs, and even trends in employee absences.
Training and Development
Training and development are at the core of HR processes. Intelligent virtual assistants can help with the training by allowing employees to go through accurate steps to ensure their completion and understanding of the company and what is expected of them as new employees. The right virtual assistant will help develop employees to ensure they are accurately increasing performance potential. Over time VAs will learn employees' strengths and weaknesses, which will help virtual assistants by providing relevant materials and training suggestions if an employee is struggling.
- Employee training begins with the onboarding process. A virtual assistant can walk new employees through many of these activities--and continue training past the first 90 days, which HR employees often don’t have the capacity to do.
- Incorporated into an enterprise learning and development (L&D) program, virtual assistants can suggest learning opportunities based on each user’s interests and job responsibilities, enabling more efficient upskilling and reskilling.
- Virtual assistants can also manage multiple managerial tasks associated with L&D, like course scheduling, feedback collection, or report generation.
The key here is that intelligent virtual assistants make L&D more dynamic for employees because it’s based on two-way communication.
You can schedule a demo with a member of our team to see first hand how DRUID AI can help your HR department.
Related to training and development is performance management. Intelligent virtual assistants can help with employee and organizational success by providing effective guidance on performance management. They focus on the job-specific tasks that employees should be well aware of how to accomplish with high accuracy. VAs can focus on goal tracking, scheduling reviews, and identifying team members' areas for improvement.
Powered by conversational AI, intelligent virtual assistants represent an incredibly promising technology for HR departments. They can streamline processes across the entire employee lifecycle, delivering significant time savings for HR staff and a better experience for employees.
Interested in learning more about DRUID AI’s conversational AI solutions for HR? Download the free industry data sheet!