Conversational AI provides retail and e-commerce companies with a whole new set of tools for delivering exceptional customer service.
How Conversational AI Enables Better Customer Service In Logistics
Conversational AI assistants have emerged as one of the primary go-tos for organizations of all sizes to improve communication and management in their company.
Conversational AI assistants have emerged as one of the primary tools for organizations of all sizes to improve communication and management within their company. According to experts, “by 2023, more than 60% of all customer service engagements will be delivered via digital and self-serve channels, up from 23% in 2020”.
The rising demand for AI virtual assistants is being driven by the need for 24x7 customer service at an accessible price. In addition, the learning algorithms used by the conversational AI agents to provide human-like conversational interactions are becoming a key capability that many top firms require to expedite their support operations. In doing so, conversational AI not only helps speed up internal processes but also enables better customer service as a result.
Logistics and supply chain businesses, along with numerous other industries, have discovered various ways to incorporate this results-driven technology into their day-to-day activities. The automation process makes activities run more smoothly, decreases costs and mistakes, and increases efficiency. With an increasing demand for manufacturing and delivery, more and more organizations are turning to conversational AI to save time. With many companies spreading their services to larger audiences through marketplaces like Amazon, and technology continuously increasing customer care, the need for physical services for errands is becoming redundant.
What Is Conversational AI In Logistics?
Conversational AI in logistics seeks to decrease human mistakes by automating repetitive operations and answering any questions customers may have. Conversational AI encompasses technology such as AI virtual agents that can comprehend and reply to human questions in a meaningful way. They employ large amounts of data, machine learning, and natural language processing (NLP) to automate text and voice-based messaging between humans and virtual AI assistants and provide a casual, seamless customer experience. Conversational AI assistants, social media messaging platforms, voice assistants, and any speech-enabled gadgets, can offer a whole new dimension for business executives searching for an intuitive, inventive answer to age-old challenges. Businesses may use a conversational AI platform to automate responses to client inquiries, conduct transactions, or achieve a variety of other goals, all through conversational AI technology that is readily available.
In addition, conversational AI in logistics emphasizes the use of automation to enhance seamless management of your business processes and improve customer experience. For example, combining the logistics system with conversational AI implemented on inventory management can aid in tracking demand and supply requirements so that customer needs are better met. Conversational AI can also automate tedious and repetitive operations like CRM updates and scheduling meetings while providing better stock visibility, data tracking, and benchmark management. As a result of gathering these insights, the business is guaranteed to run smoothly and enable better customer service.
There are two ways conversational AI assistants can help logistics companies enable better customer service:
1. Enhance Customer-Facing Activities
Modern customers can now engage directly with producers from all over the world thanks to digital tools. The conventional buyer's journey has been irreversibly altered by these new capabilities.
Supply chains, which used to take their production and delivery planning cues from front-end operations such as marketing and sales, have now become the primary point of contact for consumers at all scales. As a result, CEOs have sought to create more flexible supply chains capable of responding rapidly to individual purchase needs from all over the world. Organizations must work on streamlining their transportation and logistics operations to deliver on the promise of rapid, accurate, and cost-effective order fulfillment so that better customer service can be achieved. To do so, logistic departments can use conversational AI to:
- Place delivery requests: AI virtual agents allow clients to place orders immediately through any chat channel or corporate website. The conversational AI assistant, like any human employee, can manage order specifics such as pickup and delivery locations, dates, pricing, insurance, and more. It may also process orders and deliver invoices to the customer's inbox or email address.
- Change an order: Customers can modify their orders in the same way that they place an order with the AI virtual assistant. Without any human intervention, the AI virtual assistant will bring in tracking information based on previous conversations and apply unique conditions if appropriate.
- Monitor shipment: Conversational AI assistants make tracking quick and straightforward. Customers can simply talk to the them for assistance with all tracking difficulties. They don't have to manually enter tracking numbers into web forms to find out about their arrival status. Customers can also utilize the same interface on any messaging program (WhatsApp, SMS, Meta Messenger, and so on) or corporate website. The AI virtual assistant can remember all the information to deliver context-based support.
- Provide delivery alerts: Conversational AI assistants can be used by businesses to offer delivery notifications and updates to their clients. Customers can ask questions or respond in the same messaging interface where they received the message, making it quick and easy.
- Deliver answers to common questions: The conversational AI agent can provide pre-programmed responses to frequently asked customer inquiries like pricing, weight limitations, delivery schedules, and so on. This not only saves time on the logistics side, but customers as well will feel relieved as they are provided with quick and easy responses to their questions without having to wait a long time to speak to a live representative.
2. Better Supply Chain Operations
A logistics conversational AI assistant is capable of also smoothing the flow of information within the company and throughout different departments so that it's delivered quickly and efficiently. Employees can easily access the data collected that is necessary for day-to-day operations via an AI virtual assistant, which can also be used by a logistics firm to manage numerous types of data for better customer service. This is possible by:
- Retrieving order information: AI virtual agents can assist organizations in managing all consumer order data in real-time. Conversational AI enables organizations to quickly access and evaluate orders placed by AI virtual assistants, as well as integrate them with data from other sources.
- Providing transportation information: Applications can be used by businesses to track their vehicles' routes, status, and other information. Having information on the whereabouts of drivers is critical for managing order and delivery routes. Conversational AI agents can also assist organizations in determining which trucks are idle, which are closer to a pickup location, and in properly scheduling activities. This information can then be used to inform the customer or decide which route is the quickest so that he receives the products quicker.
- Gaining visibility on personnel specifics: Businesses can use their applications to track the status and availability of their drivers, employees, and other workers. Then connect it to their conversational AI assistant to obtain rapid replies without having to go through large amounts of data. This can then be used to quickly connect employees to customer needs when conversational AI cannot assist or answer their questions.
- Leveraging precise information about warehouse logistics: AI virtual assistants for Warehouse Information Logistics can help with inventory management and warehouse operations. Conversational AI enables the delivery worker to locate parcels amid thousands of others. This can be done by simply asking the AI virtual agent where the package is stored and it will respond with the precise rack number. This speeds up the overall process, allowing for better customer service.
Conversational AI has many uses within a company that can greatly benefit the logistics team. With DRUID, your company can reap the benefits of conversational AI in its supply chain operations, customer-centered activities, and beyond. Why? Because DRUID incorporates not only conversational AI, but also complex automations, being able to connect with your enterprise systems and RPA technologies to complete highly complex business tasks. Integrating conversational AI will help you seamlessly place orders, provide delivery alerts, and answer common questions, all while ensuring your warehouse is running smoothly.
Interested to see DRUID in action? Schedule a demo with us today!